RED n BARKY Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
New patch.

Reply to topic    RED n BARKY Forum Index » Socom Confrontation View previous topic
View next topic
New patch.
EDDIE ICE
Jedi Guardian
Jedi Guardian

Post New patch. Reply with quote
We are happy to announce that the eagerly anticipated SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation Public Beta 1.30 Patch will be released on Thursday, September 18th, at 12:00 GMT/UTC (8am EDT, 5am PDT, 1pm BST, 9pm JST/KST).
The SOCOM: Confrontation 1.30 patch addresses the following issues:

Abnormally long network synchronization issues when some users in a game have a poor network connection. This issue causes 4-7 minute (or longer) load times when late joining a game.
Fixed an issue where respawn game late joiners were sometimes stuck in spectator mode and could not respawn into the game.
Removed the latency detection network test which was causing some users with poor network connections to receive the network latency icon (red X).
Fixed an issue where clients with different client versions (patches) could play together in a default medley game.
Fixed an issue where if the session master leaves the game, late joiners could not "green up" and late join into the game.
Fixed corrupt characters in the European and Japanese EULAs and Server News.
Fixed many join game issues and made joining a game quicker. We are still optimizing this.
Fixed an issue where if you add and then remove someone from your block list they were still unable to send you a message.
Improved accuracy while moving (based on user feedback). Partial implementation. More improvements to come.
Reduced the encumbrance penalty (based on user feedback).
Changed the default round time for Medley games from 8 minutes to 6 minutes (based on user feedback).
We are still looking into the following issues and they will be addressed in a future patch:

Some late joiners have really bad framerate (5fps) and crash if they exit the game from the start menu. This happens at approximately 1/50 frequency.
Some late joiners will get stuck on the round complete screen. This is timing dependent.
Some users will crash in-game. This happens at approximately 1/100 frequency (games).
Some late joiners get stuck on the loading screen, loading into a game. This happens at approximately 1/100 frequency.
Green or corrupted particles appear for RPG, C4 and AT4 explosions. This happens at approximately 1/4 frequency (users).
Further tuning and tweaking based on user feedback.
Once the patch is released, we will continue to keep an eye out for any additional issues which may arise.

Regards,
SOCOM: Confrontation Online Team

Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:47 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Enda
Force Sensitive
Force Sensitive

Post Reply with quote
well, does it fix anything? or is the framerate still locked at 5fps? Razz

Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:19 am View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Jackl86
Jedi Initiate
Jedi Initiate

Post Reply with quote
i didnt have it b4 the patch so i dont no lol but dont think the game loads an stuff are much quicker cos they aint eactly the fastest lol!!

oh an barks ull get a shock wen u get hime the surround sound loves socom!!!

Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:43 pm View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
EARTHMOVER
Force Sensitive
Force Sensitive

Post Reply with quote
patch 1.30 update

Still a prob with late joining, if you in a game from fresh start then ur ok but if u late join you will more than likely lag or be dc'd. and if you get caught on the loadin screen and u try to exit game ur ps3 reboots.

There is also a problem with updating stats and ranks. Everytime i join a lobby from fresh start on ps3 i get ranking, equipment and stats loadin failure. Any one else getting this problem?

Also there is an issue with sound in some games, it just goes. Music will reman but backround noise and gun noise will be gone. It a bit annoying when it happens

Other wise game play is alot smoother but not great and loadin times are faster and that latency shit is gone ,ie (red x)
there gettin there but still have a long way to go to be ready for the release UT

Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:48 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Jackl86
Jedi Initiate
Jedi Initiate

Post Reply with quote
i aint really noticed any problems with sound loadin times like i said are bit excessive, had few problems gettin in rooms an stuff but puttin that down to me down to not knowin wot im doin!

Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:17 pm View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Enda
Force Sensitive
Force Sensitive

Post Reply with quote
thats prob why I'm getting awful framerates.... I keep joining games that have already started.

I'll try it tomorrow after college to see if its any better when I play from the start

Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:46 pm View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
EDDIE ICE
Jedi Guardian
Jedi Guardian

Post Reply with quote
Enda wrote:
thats prob why I'm getting awful framerates.... I keep joining games that have already started.

I'll try it tomorrow after college to see if its any better when I play from the start

It can be a pain in the tits,i have been mostly playing some nights in the TAF rooms and their rooms seem to be ok,i got awful framerates when i first joined but its just a case of been lucky with rooms and so on.

Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:49 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    RED n BARKY Forum Index » Socom Confrontation All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: