RED n BARKY Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
NEW INFO ON BETA

Reply to topic    RED n BARKY Forum Index » Socom Confrontation View previous topic
View next topic
NEW INFO ON BETA
barky
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Post NEW INFO ON BETA Reply with quote
Eurogamer.net will give away beta codes from 5/9 at 4pm...UK Residents only

This info was supplied by Elliott.

I Don't Have Tourette's..........You're Just A Cunt!
Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:57 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
EDDIE ICE
Jedi Guardian
Jedi Guardian

Post Re: NEW INFO ON BETA Reply with quote
barky wrote:
Eurogamer.net will give away beta codes from 5/9 at 4pm...UK Residents only

This info was supplied by Elliott.

UK residents you say,haha.Fook that shit,i will try and get them anyway barks Cool

UK my ass UT

Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:51 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
silentspud
Force Sensitive
Force Sensitive

Post Reply with quote
lol edd get ur grubby irish ass of my keys lol......
Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:42 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
EDDIE ICE
Jedi Guardian
Jedi Guardian

Post Reply with quote
silentspud wrote:
lol edd get ur grubby irish ass of my keys lol......

Spud,if they do ip checks i am fooked Laughing

Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:56 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Kain
Jedi Initiate
Jedi Initiate

Post Reply with quote
Hahah, sure Eddie, this is just Eurogamer's keys no? You could probably still get your hands on the ones that they were saying they'd be giving out to people on the Official Playstation Forums?

Or an American one maybe...

Good luck getting one to all you guys though Smile
Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:15 am View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Enda
Force Sensitive
Force Sensitive

Post Reply with quote
guys heres a direct link to claim your beta code. do it quick though, after 30 mins nearly 2k are gone already!

http://gamers.eurogamer.net/giveaways.php?id=22&claim=true

good luck,
enda

EDIT: and eddie dont mind that UK only bullshit, I registered on eurogamer and just put my country down as UK. ANYBODY can get these codes!

Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:31 pm View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Enda
Force Sensitive
Force Sensitive

Post Reply with quote
Quote:

The SOCOM: Confrontation keys are all gone. Congratulations to everyone who got hold of one and sorry if you missed out.

Apologies particularly to those of you who missed out because accessing the website between 4 and 5pm was difficult. SOCOM was a very popular attraction and our amazing super-strong server struggled to deal with your enthusiasm.

I thought it would be useful for Mark Kennedy, Eurogamer's lead technical person or whatever, to explain why the hell we shouldn't sack him on the spot and set fire to him. "Imagine going to the pub, and instead of everybody waiting for the barman to get round to serving them, they just all shout out their orders," Mark told me.

"If they don't get their drink in one second, they just shout the order again and the barman really can't concentrate on what he's doing and everybody gets their drinks slower," he concluded, joblessly. So yes, we're sorry about that.

On the plus side, we're trying to convince Sony to give us some more, so with any luck there will be another chance soon. Have a lovely weekend and enjoy the beta!

Sorry guys if you didn't get one. I honestly tried to salvage a few extra codes for other people but you have no idea how difficult it was to get on the f'ing site!! I must have hit refresh well over 100 times and kept getting page error, page error, PAGE ERROR!

eventually go onto the site and got my redemption code. Began downloading and went back to Eurogamer to try and get a second code but the website went back to page error ffs.

Codes are all gone now. Some greedy bastards were taking up to 10 codes for their m8s which is a piss take if I'm honest. If everyone just took ONE code, there would be more than enough to go around!

As for my impressions from the BETA..

Straight after I go on the game I went into the armoury and kitted out my character. The customisation is very good and reminded me a lot of Vegas. They kept it simple but also allowed a fair bit of room to make your character unique. You basically get to 'design' 2 characters, a SEAL and a Terrorist. Each character can have up to SIX load-outs of kit (amount of armour, primary weapon, secondary, nades, camoflague colour) etc. When you a join a room you can choose from any of your six loadouts to avoid having to go through the process of selecting guns etc.

I then went on and played two 10 min respawns of Crossroads (the only map available I think? could be wrong). The controls took some getting used to, and I had to switch the camera to Classic view to give me a socom 2 style perspective (default is GRAW style). It plays very like socom 2, although there's a fair bit more recoil I think. I ended up having to burst fire because shooting for any length of time meant I was shooting the sky almost immediatly. If you hold circle you get an in-game pop-up menu, again very much like Vegas where you can cycle through your inventory with the d-pad.

Oh yeah....crossroads is fucking HUGE!! Hard to tell whether this is a good thing or not yet. The old map is still there, but is extended way out making it about twice the size of the original! (again, early impressions). In an 8v8 I was running around for a while before I finally saw an enemy!

On the downside the menus take their time to load and the game itself is generally quite jumpy and laggy. there's some slowdown aswell evident, but I'm willing to put this down to the fact it's a BETA!

Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:37 pm View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    RED n BARKY Forum Index » Socom Confrontation All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: