BF:BC for those in two minds

Reply to topic    RED n BARKY Forum Index » PS3 View previous topic
View next topic
BF:BC for those in two minds
barky
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Post BF:BC for those in two minds Reply with quote
Ok, what was billed as one of the best ever onlne experiences is in fact a let down.

The game is good, graphics are good, mostly no lag although does get a bit freezy sometimes..... However .....

1) It has NO CLAN SUPPORT - No Tag, No Roster etc.. at the moment there is no way to play clan matches.
2) The comms are fcked. When they do work you can only speak to people in your squad (which consists of 3 other players).
3) No Private rooms - Hence impossible to play clan matches.
4) Only 1 online Mode. Another is coming free soon in a patch. (The mode they do have is good tho).

Dont Know what the 1 player is like but not really too interested anyway.

All in all if you are thinking of buying this for fun with your mates...THEN...WAIT.... Maybe a patch will be out soon that sorts out the comms and squad issue (only being able to speak to 3 of your mates, when it actually works) and rumour has it clan support will also come out, although nothing has officially been stated and the ability to add a tag does not mean clan support. The ability to have clan matches is what is needed (private rooms etc).

Anyway, just thought I woul give those of you in two minds about buying it a bit of a heads up.

I Don't Have Tourette's..........You're Just A Cunt!
Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:41 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Enda
Force Sensitive
Force Sensitive

Post Reply with quote
thanks for the warning. I jumped the boat on R6V2 and that was a total disaster.

I'll hold off until they patch BF, it'll prob be a few quid cheaper then anyway.

No clan support? wtf were they thinking? They knew this was gonna be a clan war game!!!

Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:45 am View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
snuffbunny

Post Reply with quote
again, completely with barky on this, the gameplay is awesome, and superior to anything else so far, however, the three main key points are a huge letdown, and we certainly won't be the only clan up in arms over the whole shambolic release of this game, especially when DICE and EA know how to get it right.

what really worries me, is that socom may may make the same mistakes on confrontation.

IF IT AIN'T BROKE, DON'T FIX IT. but then again we then winge if it's the same as the previous title. Sad

Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:25 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
barky
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Post Reply with quote
Poste on the Main News Section of the Official Battlefield site on 7/1

We are very aware of the different issues you have told us you find most important.
We are happy to see that so many of you are playing Battlefield: Bad Company and having so much fun. The level of community interest in this game and its features is really visible, also through the amount of feedback various members of the development team have been receiving through their Live accounts, Facebook, emails, phone calls, faxes (People still use those??) on our forums and all the other channels out there.

Our Bad Company developers have been working a lot in the last two years and, we have managed to produce a game that we are very proud of. Even with the game already in stores, we would like to let you know that we are reading and listening to all of your feedback.

Right now the team is working on creating the Conquest game mode for Battlefield: Bad Company together with the conversion of the maps to go with it. The Conquest Pack is currently going through testing and certification.

We are very aware of the different issues you have told us you find most important. Therefore as soon as we’re done with the above there are several other points of your feedback which we’ll continue to investigate, without currently being able to say with certainty whether or not we will be able to include them. These include, but are not limited to:

Clan support/private rooms/team chat
Auto balancing on servers
Continued support against stats exploits
VOIP issue on PS3 (working with Sony on this)
Squads might be split up when joining a server as a squad. This is due to team balancing in the games that are being joined, and usually resolves itself in round 2.

/The Battlefield: Bad Company team

Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:39 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Jackl86
Jedi Initiate
Jedi Initiate

Post Reply with quote
ffs anyone wanna buy half a game that may not eva have clan support?

credit crunch may have hit them me thinks must have been desperate for the cash lol

Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:23 pm View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Haino
Force Sensitive
Force Sensitive

Post Reply with quote
Glad I idnt buy it now, I will wait till its patched if I get it at all.

Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:12 pm View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
HUMANafterall
Force Sensitive
Force Sensitive

Post Reply with quote
We should fucking play MGO!!! Like iv been saying since the beta!!!

Reasons

1. It Has REAL Clan Support
2. Proper Lobby, With proper custom rooms (with password & privet places)
3. You can use both keybored & Headset in game
4. You can take in game pictures, and save them to your XMB
5. There's NEVER any lag
6. More than ONE mode
7. it's going to be supported with new maps & modes for 10 years (If people are still playing it ...)
8. its a much better game & piss eaay to play

You don't have to buy MGS4 Because there releasing MGO separately soon for likw 17.99

Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:12 am View user's profile Send private message
barky
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Post Reply with quote
I have it, went online once and it was ok....will try it when I see you lot on, Graphics were good and the controls were not as bad as I thought. It would be better if you could switch auto aim off for everyone in a room.

I know You, Grim and Joe have it... Anyone else ???

Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:39 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Enda
Force Sensitive
Force Sensitive

Post Reply with quote
yeah I have MGS also. Never gone online though and after getting to Shadow Moses I just kinda stopped playing, got bored.

Never played MGS 1/2/3 and despite trying to wikipedia the plot, its just not the same. I was totally lost with the story and the cutscenes dragged on and on

Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:26 pm View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
HUMANafterall
Force Sensitive
Force Sensitive

Post Reply with quote
barky wrote:
I have it, went online once and it was ok....will try it when I see you lot on, Graphics were good and the controls were not as bad as I thought. It would be better if you could switch auto aim off for everyone in a room.

I know You, Grim and Joe have it... Anyone else ???

Thats the only thing i dont like, and you cant tell who uses it
Dale has it as well, its got all you need for clan matches

And theirs a new mode Team sneaking just like rescue but one team has stealth on until they get shot or seen and so on ... then the caution meter comes up until that goes down, there team can see you.

Enda wrote:
yeah I have MGS also. Never gone online though and after getting to Shadow Moses I just kinda stopped playing, got bored.

Never played MGS 1/2/3 and despite trying to wikipedia the plot, its just not the same. I was totally lost with the story and the cutscenes dragged on and on

Download the data base thing thats really helpful

Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:28 pm View user's profile Send private message
HUMANafterall
Force Sensitive
Force Sensitive

Post Reply with quote
MGO Disc Only :

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-bp-49-en-70-2ts6.html

No region protection, And only £10.13 ... BARGIN released 17th of july, (2 days after my birthday Very Happy )

Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:13 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    RED n BARKY Forum Index » PS3 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: