Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic    RED n BARKY Forum Index » Rainbow 6 Vegas View previous topic
View next topic
Game has serious problems online
Enda
Force Sensitive
Force Sensitive

Post Game has serious problems online Reply with quote
Oh well, just got the game this morning and tbh I am not impressed at all.

The game shares a lot of Vegas 1's menu screens, outfitting screens, loading screens etc. Looks very much like an expansion rather than a new game. Unfortunatly (speaking for myself of course) the game is still riddled with online problems.

It takes me absolutly ages to get into a room, and when I do there's a fair bit of lag on show. Also Slasha and Grim are sending me constant invites to various rooms....I keep accepting every invite but get the same "Match Joining has failed" bullshit messege!

Seriously, someone bomb Ubisoft's HQ

Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:35 pm View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
HUMANafterall
Force Sensitive
Force Sensitive

Post Reply with quote
I think i may have all wasted £40,
a few that are annoying me ...

1. you character moves to slow
2. you have to use pre-set button layouts
3. its not half as good looking as CoD4
4. online is just stupid, you need 2500 Points to advance to the next rank. and you dont even get anything good
5. you need to complete challenges to get new guns

If I'm honest i don't think I'm gona play this half as much as CoD4

Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:05 pm View user's profile Send private message
Enda
Force Sensitive
Force Sensitive

Post Reply with quote
just went onto the Ubi forums there to see if this was a common problem. Needless to say...

Every second topic is "PS3 online issues!!!" or "ONLINE NOT WORKING" etc. etc.

As for a patch, don't hold your breath guys. I went onto the Vegas 1 PS3 forums while I was over at the ubisoft site. I saw an old post from like July 07 by a Ubi developer aknowledging the problems with Vegas 1 and promising a patch in the near future. Looks like the guys working there have a good sense of humour Razz

Honestly though, I'd say the people who worked on this "game" are too busy counting their briefcases of money to give a shit about a patch. Tbh, can't say I blame them. If I was in their shoes I wouldn't give a fuck either lol Sad

Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:23 pm View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Jackl86
Jedi Initiate
Jedi Initiate

Post Reply with quote
im shocked an appauled that the fuckin money grabbin cunts actueally expect us to shell out £50 for a game that doensnt work! yeah i understand that alot of ppl were usin it but that no excuse its like buildin a car an wen the wheels fall off after 2 miles sayin oh we didint realise itd be that popular fuckin bafoons

Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:29 pm View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
EDDIE ICE
Jedi Guardian
Jedi Guardian

Post Reply with quote
I will be picking this up today,first day off work in ages so i will see what it is like online.
Meh,the servers can only get better???

Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:45 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Enda
Force Sensitive
Force Sensitive

Post Reply with quote
EDDIE, you're in for a shock m8. Game is (no bullshit, no exaggeration) completly unplayable online!

I'm not holding out hope for a patch either. They said on their official forums in July 07 that a ps3 patch was coming for Vegas 1, and they gave us sweet fuck all!

Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:33 pm View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
EARTHMOVER
Force Sensitive
Force Sensitive

Post Reply with quote
Not lookin good i've wasted 64 euro. UT
any one want a coffee coaster

Last edited by EARTHMOVER on Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:34 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
HUMANafterall
Force Sensitive
Force Sensitive

Post Reply with quote
Got into 3 games today, played about 30 seconds in each and then got sent back to the main menu
every other time its unable to establish a connection to this match

Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:43 pm View user's profile Send private message
Jackl86
Jedi Initiate
Jedi Initiate

Post Reply with quote
EARTHMOVER wrote:
Not lookin good i've wasted 64 euro. UT
any one want a coffee coaster

u sure itl work bein a coaster? u no the servers might not be able to cope lol

Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:38 am View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Jackl86
Jedi Initiate
Jedi Initiate

Post Reply with quote
me an gick played last nite for a good while an it seemed ok
the biggest problem i have is to be able to accept the fact that it doesnt look all that great graphically it needxs to perform well an the general gameplay needs to be good an at the moment it just isnt Sad

Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:41 am View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
barky
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Post Reply with quote
Graphics are a plus but they are not the total of a game. If they sort out the issues with the lag and room joining and general development incompetence then we might still have a good game...However, they need to move quick else it will soon become pointless in attempting as no one will have the game.

I Don't Have Tourette's..........You're Just A Cunt!
Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:53 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Jackl86
Jedi Initiate
Jedi Initiate

Post Reply with quote
have u played it yet barky?

Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:00 pm View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
dopefiend
Jedi Guardian
Jedi Guardian

Post Reply with quote
graphics may not be everything but when you shell out £469 for the next gen console and £600+for a hi def tv and another 150 for a gaming chair i would expect the second version of a game to show a lot more graphic prowess than a good ps2 game- this game reminds me very much of combined assault in that its more an extenson of what was a disappointing game rather than a reworking to fix probs- the fact that so much remains exactly the same from the first game stinks of laziness on the developers part rather than an attempt to make us feel familiar with the game ( the fucking lag and online probs are certainly familiar tho)
This debacle has virtually ensured that i will never again buy a game on launch day as too many games are turning out to be rancid pieces of crap designed solely to part us from our money- fuck cg, fuck the developers and fuck even playin clan wars- I`d rather have a period of not being active if there isnt anything worth playing- I`d say its safe to assume that a lot of us bought this to follow the community, think in future we shouldnt put any game in a poll of what to play in the future until we can objectively verify that its ot a steaming pile of the proverbial. The pre-launch press releases and developer info released made this sound like they had looked at the first game and identified errors and were going to fix them in version2, obviosly then someone pointed out that if they just stuck a few extra maps in and made a few small tweaks they could launch a new game and make loads of mullah and do less work as most of the work was done for vegas 1
Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:19 am View user's profile Send private message
dopefiend
Jedi Guardian
Jedi Guardian

Post Reply with quote
just gave the game another try- took over 100 attempts to connect to a match- went in- gun noise glitch immediately- opponents on ice skates- impossible to tell where fire is coming from-all in all a most pleasurable experience no? oh and what the fuck is with the guns- every time I fire more than a 2 bullet burst by the time of firing the 3rd bullet the recoil has my gun pointing somwhere in the vicinity of neptune- its weird, i started gaming in the days of pong, ive has all the nintendo systems , all the sega systems before dreamcast, all the handhelds and all the sony consoles but the ps3 is fast becoming the most dissapointing as it promised so so much but the developers arent putting in enough time or effort to make all the hardware come alive and sing and dance,
This is living ????
Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:52 am View user's profile Send private message
Jackl86
Jedi Initiate
Jedi Initiate

Post Reply with quote
mine seemed to be ok last nite im very confused tho when i was in the room which by the way was hosted by a guy called kingofallgames and is an elite already an hes on cod somewhere near the top bit strange? anyway there was ppl moanin bout lag but i didnt see anythin major little bits here an there with the usual thing where u get shot downstairs an end up on the roof dead lol
i am very dissappointed but i think/hope it will get better as it seems to be each time i play i find a room quicker an like i said there wasnt major amounts of lag in most the rooms i was in last nite, but what will never get better is the semmingly lazy design an development of the game which imo it seems vegas 1 worked better an more reliabley than vegas 2
shame

Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:53 am View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    RED n BARKY Forum Index » Rainbow 6 Vegas All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: