Jackl86
Jedi Initiate
Jedi Initiate

Post Reply with quote
ms-kleaneasy
UK Forum Manager

Posted Fri March 21 2008 10:25
Hello all

Just a quick post to say we are aware some of you are experiencing issues with Vegas 2.
We are looking into this and will post when we have something concrete to tell you, in the meantime can I remind you all if you haven’t already please post in The Feedback Thread, this information will be invaluable in working out and addressing the issues you are experiencing.

Thank You

someone has big long wooden nose me thinks

Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:30 am View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Enda
Force Sensitive
Force Sensitive

Post Reply with quote
im sticking to playing 2v2 MAX games atm, as usually these run OK. Played a 2v2 with a m8 of mine for a good hour last night with only 1 disconnect in that time. I just invited him and he came straight back.

Still though, I want to be able to play fucking 8v8 MINIMUM in 2008 on a console with is clearly capable of it!

Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:57 pm View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
dopefiend
Jedi Guardian
Jedi Guardian

Post Reply with quote
Jackl86 wrote:
ms-kleaneasy
UK Forum Manager

Posted Fri March 21 2008 10:25
Hello all

Just a quick post to say we are aware some of you are experiencing issues with Vegas 2.
We are looking into this and will post when we have something concrete to tell you, in the meantime can I remind you all if you haven’t already please post in The Feedback Thread, this information will be invaluable in working out and addressing the issues you are experiencing.

Thank You

someone has big long wooden nose me thinks

apparently if you try to post on their forums about the probs they will just delete the topic as they have a topic already up about the probs- it explains that it may be down to nat type - ie if you are nat 3 you cant play, even though dozens of people are saying that they are nat 1 and still cant play- ithink it wil be at least next week before anything happens at all with the easter break and all
Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:02 pm View user's profile Send private message
Jackl86
Jedi Initiate
Jedi Initiate

Post Reply with quote
im not an expert with nat types etc but how i understand it is its not u the person with type 1 or 2 thats the problem its the other ppl that have type 3 that reject u kind of thing cos as far as im aware grim or kick has type 2 or 1 an i can join them an they can join me mine is type 2 but we cant join random rooms

Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:10 am View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
barky
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Post Reply with quote
That is quite often the problem, so why dont you make your own ranked rooms and all go on the same side. I know the game has a lot more issue but I am hoping that they sort this out damn quick, lazy cunt developers...

I Don't Have Tourette's..........You're Just A Cunt!
Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:31 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
dopefiend
Jedi Guardian
Jedi Guardian

Post Reply with quote
if only it were that simple bark, you cant connect to any room or accept invites- it just says "failed to join"- you may think we are exagerating the probs but it really is hopeless at the moment-
Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:19 am View user's profile Send private message
dopefiend
Jedi Guardian
Jedi Guardian

Post Reply with quote
Jackl86 wrote:
im not an expert with nat types etc but how i understand it is its not u the person with type 1 or 2 thats the problem its the other ppl that have type 3 that reject u kind of thing cos as far as im aware grim or kick has type 2 or 1 an i can join them an they can join me mine is type 2 but we cant join random rooms

nat 1 means you have a direct connectionto the internet, nat 2 means you are behind a firewal but ports are open and nat 3 means you are behind a firewall but your ports are closed and even the ps3 will advise you that you may be able to play games online but may not have voice chat etc- the whole issue of nat types was put up by ubisoft as a way of trying to say that the prob is at our end rather than theirs- sometimes a ps3 will go into nat3 by itself (both bark and myself had this prob) and if it does you cant play online- if the prob was the nat type you wouldnt be able to play any online game not just vegas and lads of people have made rooms and only invited people with nat 1 and it still hasnt worked- its either the software or the servers themselves- ubisoft just dont want to say that as then everybody who bought the game would be entitled to a refund at point of purchase
Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:26 am View user's profile Send private message
dopefiend
Jedi Guardian
Jedi Guardian

Post Reply with quote
just decided to give the game another try and i actually made it into a game on the 2nd attempt- great you may think but then it went downhill faster than a fat kid chasing a cake- think map was import export and was the capture thee satellites mode. I ran to transmitter A- tried to open door to enter room- door wouldnt work- got shot in back- respawned to find lovely chappie from the other team sitting right outside the door leading from spawn waiting to shoot me-respawned to find lovely chappie from the other team sitting right outside the door leading from spawn waiting to shoot me-respawned to find lovely chappie from the other team sitting right outside the door leading from spawn waiting to shoot me-- yes, you`ve guessed it folks- they still havent fixed that problem either.
Respawned again to find that dude had been killed so went back to A to find that doors and ladders still didnt work then loading screens popped up ( loading still takes longer than disinfecting yourself after an encounter with reds mum btw), got " game session no longer available " message and found myself back at the main menu- chose versus and my ps3 froxe completely.
Rebooted- got into game on second attempt and even managed to get 2 kills in first 30 secs before getting kicked again- same error message- back to main menu- chose versus again and.............frozen ps3 again.
Without exagerating at all I would have to say this game is the most frustrating I have ever (not) played and would go so far as to say that i will never purchase a game from ubisoft again- does anyone out there still think they will do a good job on Haze?
Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:07 am View user's profile Send private message
Enda
Force Sensitive
Force Sensitive

Post Reply with quote
I feel your pain. I've given up on it tbh, never wasted so much money on such a piece of shite. Crying or Very sad

And don't hold out hope for a patch. When they throw out "solutions" such as open your ports, check your NAT type etc., it's just an insult to our intelligence.

THEY fuck the game up....and how do they handle it? (this is brilliant)... by blaming US!

Ubisoft are a joke. At least I learned a lesson though. Never EVER buy a game before first reading reveiws!

Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:30 pm View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
barky
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Post Reply with quote
They will get a patch out, if not for any other reason than it will cost them thousands if they do not as they will not be able to refuse a refund. The one thing the users in the states will do is kick up almightly hell if the game continues to be unplayable (even if the rest of the time they are annoying twats).

Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:49 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
barky
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Post Reply with quote
I have been reading that improvements were made, is this the case ??

Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:01 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Jackl86
Jedi Initiate
Jedi Initiate

Post Reply with quote
not that anyones noticed everyones kind of lost interest mine seems to be ok an iv only played 5 games an i got it on thursday gonna give it another try today for a bit not holding my breath tho

Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:16 am View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
barky
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Post Reply with quote
Well once they finally patch it and apologise I hope they decide to give us the first map pack free.

Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:55 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
EDDIE ICE
Jedi Guardian
Jedi Guardian

Post Reply with quote
I am yet to go online with this game,happy i picked up battlefield 2 for the pc on the same day.

Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:47 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
dopefiend
Jedi Guardian
Jedi Guardian

Post Reply with quote
barky wrote:
Well once they finally patch it and apologise I hope they decide to give us the first map pack free.

since many of the problems have been carried over from vegas one i highly doubt that a patch will make any difference- it may allow us to actually connect but the game will still be fucked- ie gun loop, always spawnin in one location etc
Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:03 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    RED n BARKY Forum Index » Rainbow 6 Vegas All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: