Time Crisis 4 and GUNCON 3

Reply to topic    RED n BARKY Forum Index » PS3 View previous topic
View next topic
Time Crisis 4 and GUNCON 3
barky
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Post Time Crisis 4 and GUNCON 3 Reply with quote
I have a US import of the game with Gun so I will try and give you a quick low down so you can decide whether you want to get it.

Arcade mode, 1-2 Players, as ever is on Rails but with a few extra multi battles that you need to swing the gun or move the stick to face in right direction. Seems to be quite good and scenes where you are in a helicopter are quite good.

Story Mode, 1 Player, this is where it gets interesting, the game is no longer all on rails, some levels are FPS (but with a Gun in your hand). By using the new Guncon 3 you can move around the map, select weapons, jump and open gates and doors. I have not played it too much but looks like it will be a fairly reasonable game with the added fun of the Guncon in your hand.

Mini Games, 1-2 Players, shooting targets against each other or doing missions together (i believe the second bit to be true but have not opened it up yet).

Guncon 3, the newly designed gun that means it will work on Plasma and LCD TVs. First of all it is ORANGE, oh my god who came up with that idea. Once you have got over the colour it is time to set it up. You need two empty USB ports, 1 for the GUN and 1 for the Receivers. The receivers sit on top of the screen (well they hang over the top), they basically work like the Wii receiver bar. There are two that you space out so that you can calibrate your gun. The Gun itself has 6 Buttons, two Analog Sticks (each with a push down button function) and of course the trigger. It is a two handed gun (so that you can use both sticks), the accuracy I got when setting it up and playing was very good.

Overall - The graphics have been improved from all other Time Crisis games thanks to the Power of the PS3 but they are not amazing, the game is great with the gun and with all of the buttons etc I can see the gun being a good investment for the future. The new FPS levels add something to the game and that's for sure making it a bit more than just pull the trigger. There is also a claim on the box that there will be downloadable content for the game so maybe new modes, missions mini games etc will be launched. So if you liked the previous Time Crisis titles then this is the best of them all and well worth buying, if not then it might be a bit pricey to buy just for the sake of having it and the gun.

I Don't Have Tourette's..........You're Just A Cunt!
Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:55 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
EDDIE ICE
Jedi Guardian
Jedi Guardian

Post Re: Time Crisis 4 and GUNCON 3 Reply with quote
barky wrote:
I have a US import of the game with Gun so I will try and give you a quick low down so you can decide whether you want to get it.

Arcade mode, 1-2 Players, as ever is on Rails but with a few extra multi battles that you need to swing the gun or move the stick to face in right direction. Seems to be quite good and scenes where you are in a helicopter are quite good.

Story Mode, 1 Player, this is where it gets interesting, the game is no longer all on rails, some levels are FPS (but with a Gun in your hand). By using the new Guncon 3 you can move around the map, select weapons, jump and open gates and doors. I have not played it too much but looks like it will be a fairly reasonable game with the added fun of the Guncon in your hand.

Mini Games, 1-2 Players, shooting targets against each other or doing missions together (i believe the second bit to be true but have not opened it up yet).

Guncon 3, the newly designed gun that means it will work on Plasma and LCD TVs. First of all it is ORANGE, oh my god who came up with that idea. Once you have got over the colour it is time to set it up. You need two empty USB ports, 1 for the GUN and 1 for the Receivers. The receivers sit on top of the screen (well they hang over the top), they basically work like the Wii receiver bar. There are two that you space out so that you can calibrate your gun. The Gun itself has 6 Buttons, two Analog Sticks (each with a push down button function) and of course the trigger. It is a two handed gun (so that you can use both sticks), the accuracy I got when setting it up and playing was very good.

Overall - The graphics have been improved from all other Time Crisis games thanks to the Power of the PS3 but they are not amazing, the game is great with the gun and with all of the buttons etc I can see the gun being a good investment for the future. The new FPS levels add something to the game and that's for sure making it a bit more than just pull the trigger. There is also a claim on the box that there will be downloadable content for the game so maybe new modes, missions mini games etc will be launched. So if you liked the previous Time Crisis titles then this is the best of them all and well worth buying, if not then it might be a bit pricey to buy just for the sake of having it and the gun.

I will defo be picking this up.

Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:35 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    RED n BARKY Forum Index » PS3 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: