RED n BARKY Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
anyone else annoyed by this? (in game advertising)

Reply to topic    RED n BARKY Forum Index » General Discussion View previous topic
View next topic
anyone else annoyed by this? (in game advertising)
Jackl86
Jedi Initiate
Jedi Initiate

Post anyone else annoyed by this? (in game advertising) Reply with quote
Phil Rosenberg, Senior Vice President of SCEA, announced a partnership today with Double Fusion, an advertising firm specializing in in-game advertising. Market research firm DFC Intelligence forecasts that worldwide in-game advertising industry will grow 1,150% by 2011 to $973.3 million, and "PlayStation is taking a major role in enabling this fast-developing sector that is both positive and inevitable for the games medium."

"We have already received tremendous support from publishers who want to incorporate ads into their PS3 games, across all of the regions of the world." Jonathan Epstein, president and CEO of Double Fusion stated. However, who these publishers are exactly is unknown at this time.

Last month, Sony announced a similar deal with another advertising firm, IGA Worldwide. How/if this affects the previous deal is unknown at this time. What are your thoughts? Are you okay with the product placement that is already in some games? What about actual advertising, however seamless it is? We feel this is an inevitable step in the evolution of the industry, but let's hope we never see an annoying pop-up ad during a gaming session.

Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:46 pm View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
barky
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Post Reply with quote
Dont care about Product Placement as games have had this in part for quite a long time.

Would be very, very annoying to play a game it to stop and then suddenly see an add pop up but I dont think this will happen too much to be honest.

However, I can see DVD like trailer advertising and that annoys the hell out of me.

I Don't Have Tourette's..........You're Just A Cunt!
Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:07 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Enda
Force Sensitive
Force Sensitive

Post Reply with quote
Dont mind it if the game creators are intelligent and just sneak it in, without flaunting ads in your face.

MGS4 did a brilliant job. They made the computers apple ones and the Mark 2 uses a Sony OLED screen. It's there...... but they dont go out of their way to ram Sony and Apple down your throat if you get me?

Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:10 am View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
HUMANafterall
Force Sensitive
Force Sensitive

Post Reply with quote
Enda wrote:
Dont mind it if the game creators are intelligent and just sneak it in, without flaunting ads in your face.

MGS4 did a brilliant job. They made the computers apple ones and the Mark 2 uses a Sony OLED screen. It's there...... but they dont go out of their way to ram Sony and Apple down your throat if you get me?

Vamp also uses a new sonyericson phone Wink

Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:10 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    RED n BARKY Forum Index » General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: