RED n BARKY Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
RnB League Makeover

Reply to topic    RED n BARKY Forum Index » General Discussion View previous topic
View next topic
RnB League Makeover
barky
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Post RnB League Makeover Reply with quote

Hi All,

The RnB League Site is to get a makeover, it will have a ladder system and Tournament system. I am currently working on changing a lot of things from the original software release that we have, things like the challenge system and team stats etc, so it will take a while. I will also update the look and feel etc....

You can see and follow the work as it happens by going to the temp link www.rednbarky.com/Ladder, when it is closer to being ready we will have it under the main RnB League site. Anything on the site at the moment with regards to news, teams or matches etc is only test information.

The user sign ups are disabled at the moment but you will be able to check back soon as I will get people to register so I can check functionality etc....

Hopefully, by the time I have completed the work on it we will have our own site that we can run in-clan tournaments and ladders as well as offering certain things to a larger community if need be.

Cheers,

Barky

I Don't Have Tourette's..........You're Just A Cunt!
Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:43 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
EDDIE ICE
Jedi Guardian
Jedi Guardian

Post Reply with quote
I had a look at this a while back and i would love to see more online gamers join this,if it was to take off with a high number of people joining i could see it going very far.
Good job Barks Cool

Edit:The only thing is when you clink on forums you get re-directed back to here,maybe give it it's on forum built in?.Just a thought.

Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:12 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
barky
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Post Reply with quote
I have still to complete a lot of work on it.

I have changed all the challenge system so it now generates random maps and you can actually refuse a challenge (you got a loss before).

Now I have to modify the scoring system, change the reporting a loss process, add a ticket process and quite a few other little bits.

I would also like to change the look but can do that later.

And it may have its own forums it depends, I am not planning on using the service to challenge CG or GB, it is for in clan tourneys and games where we can find no other site running a ladder.

I will let you all know when the site is ready for testing, at the moment sign ups are de-activated.

Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:54 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
barky
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Post Reply with quote
Ok, an update for you all.

I have changed a lot of how the site looks. It took a long time as it meant changing nearly every page of code that was with the ladder package. I also changed more about the challenge system so that works well now, although I still need to add a few more rules into it.

I need to still do the scoring system but that is a major job (and I have put it off a couple of times to do the other stuff) and that will take quite a while.

Making it have its own forums and stuff like that I will hold off on until after we have beta tested it and ironed out any issues.

Well thats all folks!!!

Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:07 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Kain
Jedi Initiate
Jedi Initiate

Post Reply with quote
Nice one Barky, Kudos to you Smile

Looks quite swish and user-friendly (unlike GB, with buttons EVERYWHERE lol)
Not sure about the colour scheme though, but nice work to have gotten coded as much as you have
Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:46 am View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Jackl86
Jedi Initiate
Jedi Initiate

Post Reply with quote
good job barks

Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:20 am View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
barky
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Post Reply with quote
Cheers Guys,

In fact it is coming on great guns at the moment, I have almost finished the reporting and scoring/ranking system but now need to modify the layout to reflect those changes. Done alot of that but not all. Some of the difficulties I am having is because our server is based in the US so times like Eligible after 24hrs (which i did eventually work out) and the date that games are registered is not as easy as just pulling dates back.

One of the things that you will be able to view is the actual Final Results and XP win/loss of matches other than your own.

Still some work to do but going in the right direction.

Also it is now reachable from the standard RnB League address www.RnBLeague.com

Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:46 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    RED n BARKY Forum Index » General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: