Barky Advances to Round 2

Reply to topic    RED n BARKY Forum Index » PS3 View previous topic
View next topic
Barky Advances to Round 2
barky
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Post Barky Advances to Round 2 Reply with quote
Here is my match report from the First round of the Playstation Underground (official Sony US Playstation site) Tournament on Eye of Judgement.....

Barky (Barky) vs KjunMan85 (Tampa_Bay_Bucs) : best of 3

This game was scheduled after a shuffle in the Tournament Bracket. So at 1am GMT and 8pm EST a war started.

After two aborted games due to cam and lighting problems (once each) the game really took off.....

A tight game to start, but a few decent cards out and KjunMan85 run out of options.
Round 1 Score - Barky Wins - Turns = 21, Checks = 2 to 1.

Barky on the back foot from the off, mana spent on defence and without a draft pick to go offensive.
Round 2 Score - KjunMan85 Wins - Turns = 16, Checks = 4 to 0.

Inside out. upside down, round and round. What a game. All changed when I played a Ground Breaker.
Round 3 Score - Barky Wins - Turns = 28, Checks = 3 to 5.

What a game, well played KjunMan85, good luck in future games. All I can say was great sportsmanship, we just got through the problems and chatted through any possible issues. Great player.

I Don't Have Tourette's..........You're Just A Cunt!
Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:41 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
dopefiend
Jedi Guardian
Jedi Guardian

Post Reply with quote
Translation please!
Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:53 pm View user's profile Send private message
barky
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Post Reply with quote
Checks as Like Chess as in you have an advantage in this case one move from winning. In EOJ You have to lay 5 cards to win so if you have 4 down you have check.

The number of Turns is self explanatory.

The reference to being on the defensive (coupled with the fact that my oppo had check 4 times) was the fact that all I could do was remove a card and fight to stay alive the whole time but never threatened to win.

The reference to being round and round etc is also coupled with the checks as I actually won the round despite being checked more times and this was down to a single move by me that turned the tide of the game when I placed a card called the GroundBreaker.

Hope that explains things.

Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:36 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Jackl86
Jedi Initiate
Jedi Initiate

Post Reply with quote
still means feck all! lol

Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:05 am View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
ZeRoBlacK

Post Reply with quote
barky wrote:
I placed a card called the GroundBreaker

and with that monster on the table you probly killed 1 or 2 of his monsters. I love the Ground breaker sweet monster. Looks like a MonsterTruck lol
Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:24 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
barky
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Post Reply with quote
It killed two and totally changed the game, however, I got beaten in the next round of the tourney, made a big mistake in the opening game and lost, then did not get the cards in the second.

Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:26 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    RED n BARKY Forum Index » PS3 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: