Unreal Tournament 3

Reply to topic    RED n BARKY Forum Index » PS3 View previous topic
View next topic
Unreal Tournament 3
barky
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Post Unreal Tournament 3 Reply with quote
Ok Guys, this is not coming out until the end of March in Europe but is available in the US already. (So much for global releases).

However, if you goto Ebay UK you can get an import version for the same price as it would normally be in the shops come march (39.99) and sold directly from UK sellers.

Mine arrives this week, so will have it at the weekend when I go back to the UK.

I Don't Have Tourette's..........You're Just A Cunt!
Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:10 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
barky
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Post Reply with quote
Thought I would give you a little news on this title.

It ships with 5 Game modes, DM, TDM, CTF, Vehicle CTF and Warfare (this is like a node link and capture mode). And quite a lot of maps designed for the different modes. It plays up to 16 Players in a room. You can browse servers, send invites, join friends, create rooms, password rooms. No Direct Clan Support. Comms are supported but they have an issue at the moment and a patch is due.

Now here is some good news, under barky bytes I have already provided 9 User Created New Maps and some Mutators (game mods). One of the Mods is a 3rd person mode Cool also on reading some forums there use to be more game modes and they expect these to make a come back via the UT3 Modifier software that allows users to create content, one of these modes was Last Man Standing.

So, lets think about this game, Unlimited Maps, 3rd Person and LMS. Maybe this will be a MuT or RnB title after all. Lets see what sort of game modes and ladders get supported by CG before we make a decision but that wont be till about March sometime as the game will be launched in Europe then.

Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:44 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
dopefiend
Jedi Guardian
Jedi Guardian

Post Reply with quote
wonderful- great - brilliant- thank god for that, i`ve been trying to find a fps game to play for ages now.
Sorry but gettin bit fed up of fps games- battlefront, cod 3, cod 4, resistance etc - all good for a blast but shit for clan games- the only reason i can see for moving on to this game would be if the servers explode on the other fps games-
And yes- i do know about the 3rd person mod but that will just change the viewpoint and not the gameplay- it`ll still be a fps game
Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:19 pm View user's profile Send private message
barky
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Post Reply with quote
Ah but you missed the fact that new game-types will change the normal run and gun of FPS respawn. That coupled with the fact that you can have 3rd Person on unlimited maps (free) should make it better than the run of the mill FPS.

Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:26 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Simple_Jim
Force Sensitive
Force Sensitive

Post Reply with quote
GRAW 2 and R6V used a poorer version of the game engine that was built for this game... so (rich) veteran developer, with their own engine which has had years of work put in and these are the guys that know it best, PC and 360 release... it all sounds good if the 3rd person mod is made by a reasonably competent modder.
Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:00 pm View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
barky
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Post Reply with quote
There is a better 3rd Person mod out now, looks good and you can even see your feet.

They have also lauched 5 new Game Types. Multi TDM so you can have 4 teams, Mutant (where who ever is the Mutant can score, everyone else has to kill him to become the mutant). Solo Elimination - you get a number of lives and when gone you are out. Team Elimination - as Solo but in teams. Solo Elimination Tournament Edition - 3 Lives per round and you get scores based on where you place in round until a grand total has been achieved by one player.

There are also now about 45+ User created maps.

I must say that the game is def growing on me as the options keep growing. It is still an FPS at heart but things are moving to have a bit more in the way of survival type games. The comms are still pretty bad and a patch is expected for this.

On another note I have been reading around and it seems likely that the EU and US will not be playing each other as the EU will get its own Servers when the game is launched in March. However, I expect it wont be long before they move to a global server but it means that those with a US copy will probably not be able to play their EU mates. We will have to wait and see whether it joins the server via the Disk or the Machine.

Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:49 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
barky
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Post Reply with quote
Just another very good bit of design for you.

Friends List - All XMB Friends are automatically added to your Ingame friends list, plus you can add new friends by PSN ID to your Ingame List. You can see if they are online, join them or invite them to a room.

Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:36 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
HUMANafterall
Force Sensitive
Force Sensitive

Post Reply with quote
i was tempted to buy this today but due to me only geting payed £200 rather than my usual 260
i think i'll have to wait

Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:18 pm View user's profile Send private message
EDDIE ICE
Jedi Guardian
Jedi Guardian

Post Reply with quote
Got it today,still learning the ropes.
Its good fun barks Cool

Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:36 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    RED n BARKY Forum Index » PS3 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: