RED n BARKY Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Game of Year

Reply to topic    RED n BARKY Forum Index » General Discussion View previous topic
View next topic
Game of Year

MuT Game of Year 2007
Socom 3
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Socom CA
37%
 37%  [ 3 ]
Resistance Fall Of Man
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Rainbow 6 Vegas
25%
 25%  [ 2 ]
Ghost Recon 2
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
Super Stardust HD*
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
Eye of Judgement
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Motorstorm
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
Other (Post Why)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 8

barky
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Post Game of Year Reply with quote
So guys what was the best ONLINE title of 2007.

I have my own views but mine is just a single vote.**

And Eddie for info, the reason that CoD 4 is not there is you should never be allowed to vote for the current number 1 played anything, wish all votes were held this way , then Eddies favourite band (take that) would never have been Radio 1 band of the year and his mums "special friends" (S club 7) would not even have placed (EVER). It will be in the 2008 vote but I can guess how many it will get already... SHEEP

So Vote, but be mindful of how the game was in all aspects not just a blast or just matches but options, friends lists, lobbys etc....

* FYI Super Stardaust Was A MuT Online Tournament as High Scores are recorded, that is the reason for its inclusion (also was one of the best 5 GBP I spent last year).

** I will vote after others have done, just so I dont set any trends or GOD worship votes..

I Don't Have Tourette's..........You're Just A Cunt!
Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:26 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
EDDIE ICE
Jedi Guardian
Jedi Guardian

Post Reply with quote
For me it has to be CA,reason is most MuT clan members played the shit out of this game
when it first came out.As for the ps3 games i would pick resistance 2nd as we did really play a hell of alot of clan wars on that as well. Cool

Edit:Roll on socom confrontation.

Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:52 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
dopefiend
Jedi Guardian
Jedi Guardian

Post Reply with quote
not sure wether ca can be classed as a game as it really was just a map pack for socom 3
Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:54 pm View user's profile Send private message
Simple_Jim
Force Sensitive
Force Sensitive

Post Reply with quote
Vegas has it for me. It wasn't perfect but it was a superb game... decent maps, nice weapons, a fair amount of clan matches. I think the best bit was the absence of retarded things... no GL's or rocket launchers and you could turn off weapons completely, walls were bullet proof.

CoD4 would never get it from me even if it was here. Not only is connectivity a joke but there are some absolutely shit bits to the game. It goes from perfection in the AC-130 mission and the death scene after the nuclear bomb, to the endless hordes of enemies in every mission and only general pointers on what to do.

And online... you have to unlock challenges, which essentially are there to help you unblock othe stuff! And yeah its nice to be able to shoot through plywood, but engine blocks of cars and brick walls half a foot thick? Juggernaut? Helicopters? All bollocks.
Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:25 pm View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
EDDIE ICE
Jedi Guardian
Jedi Guardian

Post Reply with quote
Simple_Jim wrote:
Vegas has it for me. It wasn't perfect but it was a superb game... decent maps, nice weapons, a fair amount of clan matches. I think the best bit was the absence of retarded things... no GL's or rocket launchers and you could turn off weapons completely, walls were bullet proof.

CoD4 would never get it from me even if it was here. Not only is connectivity a joke but there are some absolutely shit bits to the game. It goes from perfection in the AC-130 mission and the death scene after the nuclear bomb, to the endless hordes of enemies in every mission and only general pointers on what to do.

And online... you have to unlock challenges, which essentially are there to help you unblock othe stuff! And yeah its nice to be able to shoot through plywood, but engine blocks of cars and brick walls half a foot thick? Juggernaut? Helicopters? All bollocks.

Vegas was ok,the game it self jim was way to slow .When you go to move your player its like he has 20 bricks on his back.I got rid of it as did i get rid of resistance.As for shooting through cars and walls this can be done in real life no?,so they are only trying to make the game more real and more fun to play.As for online YES the servers are shit but i still like it none the less out of all my ps3 games i have at the mo.No ps3 game to date has been perfect but we all still play them,i am yet to see ps3 give me game that will be 100% offline as well as online ,by this i mean a game like socom.So as it stands FPS games seem shit to me but fuck it i really couldnt care as hopefully much better games come out and better online titles. Rolling Eyes Cool UT

Last edited by EDDIE ICE on Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:48 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
EDDIE ICE
Jedi Guardian
Jedi Guardian

Post Reply with quote
dopefiend wrote:
not sure wether ca can be classed as a game as it really was just a map pack for socom 3

Very true dope,clan wars dont seem the same to me anymore to be honest.I miss the old days when we would have over 11/12 mut members online all in the same room and every room would fill up cause people seen MuT rooms open during the night.

Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:53 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
barky
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Post Reply with quote
EDDIE ICE wrote:

Vegas was ok,the game it self jim was way to slow .When you go to move your player its like he has 20 bricks on his back.I got rid of it as did i get rid of resistance.As for shooting through cars and walls this can be done in real life no?,so they are only trying to make the game more real and more fun to play.As for online YES the servers are shit but i still like it none the less out of all my ps3 games i have at the mo.No ps3 game to date has been perfect but we all still play them,i am yet to see ps3 give me game that will be 100% offline as well as online ,by this i mean a game like socom.So as it stands FPS games seem shit to me but fuck it i really couldnt care as hopefully much better games come out and better online titles. Rolling Eyes Cool UT

Realistic, LOL, since when do people that die come back to life within 5 seconds and re-join the battle. Why do people run at the same speed whether they are carrying 2 claymores, an M60 and a shotgun compared to someone that is carrying a P90 a Pistol and a Single grenade. How come it takes a fair few bullets to die (like 10 or so). Health regenerates if you are injured within 5 seconds, without the need for a long stay in hospital or the bullets being removed.

Realistic shooter this is not Eddie, in fact it is so far from realistic they made it a respawn game as they new it was not a realistic, tactical shooter.

I Don't Have Tourette's..........You're Just A Cunt!
Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:13 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Kain
Jedi Initiate
Jedi Initiate

Post Reply with quote
The game (Cod4) is shit, full stop. Had I actually bought GRAW2 I'd probably be voting for it, but I didn't... Vegas is another option, but it was horrible for clan matches... Socom 3 is the only viable option for me...

I wont bother to vote

2007, a crap year for gaming? I think so...
Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:47 pm View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
EDDIE ICE
Jedi Guardian
Jedi Guardian

Post Reply with quote
barky wrote:
EDDIE ICE wrote:

Realistic, LOL, since when do people that die come back to life within 5 seconds and re-join the battle. Why do people run at the same speed whether they are carrying 2 claymores, an M60 and a shotgun compared to someone that is carrying a P90 a Pistol and a Single grenade. How come it takes a fair few bullets to die (like 10 or so). Health regenerates if you are injured within 5 seconds, without the need for a long stay in hospital or the bullets being removed.

Realistic shooter this is not Eddie, in fact it is so far from realistic they made it a respawn game as they new it was not a realistic, tactical shooter.

S&D Cool ,We dont have to play the same modes over and over again UT .
@Kain,you are right on some points Wink (FAG) Laughing

Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:16 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Simple_Jim
Force Sensitive
Force Sensitive

Post Reply with quote
CoD 4 was a fair attempt at a game... not sure what you did to your hamster Barky but mine has me dead within 2 bullets from any weapon at all times... I don't even play hardcore!

I just wish a developer would stop paying attention to graphics so much and just make a decent workable game. I would seriously settle for PS2 graphics on a game if it actually utilised the improved network abilities of PS3 while embracing common fucking sense.

Party system? Martyrdom? P90 popping up in every single release? the gaming industry need to get a fucking grip.
Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:04 pm View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    RED n BARKY Forum Index » General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: