Is CoD the worst game Yet?

More Clan Games..Oh Yeah ?
Its a good laugh but no more matches.
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
Game Rocks, lots more please sir.
66%
 66%  [ 4 ]
Can we move on, I think the game is shit in open rooms as well.
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 6

barky
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Post Is CoD the worst game Yet? Reply with quote
Right yes i know people love it and yes it is busy. However, I feel we are playing a game for the fact that it is busy and not because it is good or a decent clan game. So to be honest, lets see do we carry on with clan games or not.????

I Don't Have Tourette's..........You're Just A Cunt!
Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:58 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
dopefiend
Jedi Guardian
Jedi Guardian

Post Reply with quote
warhawk now supports clan games
Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:24 am View user's profile Send private message
EDDIE ICE
Jedi Guardian
Jedi Guardian

Post Reply with quote
Carry on,the game is good in my eyes.
I find it much better than graw/vegas Cool

Tue Dec 25, 2007 5:16 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Simple_Jim
Force Sensitive
Force Sensitive

Post Reply with quote
I don't fucking believe this. My mum rings me on christmas eve and starts babbling about games because she was in a shop, I say call of duty and the feckin' eejit got CoD3... now surely there should have been fucking dozens of copies of MW sitting about, probably displyed prominently, but she managed to get the wrong game. Superb.

She also got my little brother a PS2 copy of NFS and can't work out what is so wrong with that.

I have £90, if the yokels round here have MW I'll have it tomorow hopefully. I would rather save for SC but its an ETA 2008... next year, ya know? Can't wait that long...

[size=4=small]well yeah its precisely 2008 next week but anything that has anything to do with zipper even remotely connected to the loose approximation of "next year" you can see the rise and fall of dynasties before a game pops out[/size]
Tue Dec 25, 2007 9:50 pm View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Simple_Jim
Force Sensitive
Force Sensitive

Post Reply with quote
I gots CoD4... don not give up on it til I have a go please.

*Three hours later* MuT Special Edition Newsletter... COD4 ABANDONED!!!
Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:09 pm View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
barky
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Post Reply with quote
We will be on it tonight mate and we have not abandoned the game yet.

Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:39 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
EDDIE ICE
Jedi Guardian
Jedi Guardian

Post Reply with quote
Well i still i like game,i do not like warhawk at all for some reason.
I find when the clan does go out and buy a game we give up far to quickly.

Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:53 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
barky
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Post Reply with quote
I never told anyone to get this game. I did not form a clan until Everyone actually had so thought why not as all the other ladders were dead. To be honest it is not game hopping as much as you think, we are a clan that likes to play clan matches, however, to date we have not found a constantly busy ladder since Socom CA. I am quite sure if GRAW had been a ladder like Socom we would have been on it for many months. The issue does not lie with the clan hopping games but the community hopping games.

ALSO - CoD4 = Shit for clan matches.

Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:08 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
dopefiend
Jedi Guardian
Jedi Guardian

Post Reply with quote
i think the main reason for changing games is probably the fact that up to now the only online games have been either 1st person respawns ( at which we suck big donkey balls imho) or beset with bugs and glitches. When a developer finally brings out a ps3 game designed with the ps3 in mind then we might find a game worth playin.
Another prob is the comms in most of the games are complete toss thus going online for a bit of craic is well nigh on impossible- i usually dont even bother using a headset anymore for cod .
Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:27 pm View user's profile Send private message
EDDIE ICE
Jedi Guardian
Jedi Guardian

Post Reply with quote
barky wrote:
I never told anyone to get this game. I did not form a clan until Everyone actually had so thought why not as all the other ladders were dead. To be honest it is not game hopping as much as you think, we are a clan that likes to play clan matches, however, to date we have not found a constantly busy ladder since Socom CA. I am quite sure if GRAW had been a ladder like Socom we would have been on it for many months. The issue does not lie with the clan hopping games but the community hopping games.

ALSO - CoD4 = Shit for clan matches.

I am not saying you did tell everyone to go out and buy it barks,my point is that when ever we do go onto a new playstation based online/clan game we seem to quit ratheir than go on.Cod4 is a good game (imo),YES it needs a few things sorted but thats like any game.As for clan matches i dont mind them so much as there is less people that will camp it up .Dont get me wrong i did enjoy graw and the clan wars we played.As for trying to get wars and we mut going onto new games thats all fine,i do understand what you mean when you say trying to get clan wars can be hard at times.I dont find it shit for clan matches,i think we have just been unlucky so far UT Laughing

Edit:I really hope socom confrontation is good so it can get back to the way it use to be.

Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:14 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Simple_Jim
Force Sensitive
Force Sensitive

Post Reply with quote
I think maybe we should set up a system of which games MuT will be active on during a year. Split it up into quarters play each game competitively for 3 months, after that move on if another game has appeared. If a game comes along and by some accident is really good and the community on CG sticks with it we should too. But right now the problem is that developers are giving online modes a decent chance but are not devoting anough of their time to it. CoD and Resistance have a bit of emphasis on online gaming bu they also have big assed single player campaigns.

Confrontation is online only and unlike Warhawk it won't be a big gameplay shift for the vast majority of MuT, who are SOCOM veterans of a few years, so we should all enjoy playing it. So from Confrontation's release should we have a rotation system from game to game? On PS2 one game could go for years because there were virtually no competitors and now FPS is overloaded with online games, for the sake of our sanity and wallets* we should have some sort of structure.

* I cannot afford a wallet.
Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:03 pm View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
barky
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Post Reply with quote
I buy most online titles that even remotely look like they could be clan games. I can tell pretty quickly what we can and cant do, hence when I got GRAW i advised people to get it if they could as is great for clan matches and when I got CoD I said to people get it if they want but we wont be having a clan.

I got Timeshift (No Clan), I got MoH:Airbourne (No Clan), I got Orange Box (No Clan) etc......

The Reason that Socom Lasts so well is that it is unrivaled as no one else seems to bother to make 3rd person. GRAW was a great title and could have easily rivaled Socom if it had been taken up by the community. FPS is saturated and thats why they dont last as the next blaster is out 2 weeks later.

So I think the plan for 2008 is Socom, with 1 major FPS as the second game, only thing is we need to find an FPS that atleast has a little stratgy involved (Like Vegas did).

Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:07 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
EDDIE ICE
Jedi Guardian
Jedi Guardian

Post Reply with quote
All good points,as i said and think i can see us sticking to socom confrontation when it comes out.
I am not assed to type loads more lol,but one thing is for sure is that jim is gay Laughing

Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:24 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Simple_Jim
Force Sensitive
Force Sensitive

Post Reply with quote
Vegas 2 ius coming out soon. Ubisoft montreal, I like them. They have the hot chick as their boss. Vegas 2 in marh I think, can't foresee any massive delays as its the same engine.

Haze is due in about 8 months, so perhaps it would do for the second half of the year.

But really i think the whole world should just sling shit at IO Interactive every day until they release Freedom Fighters 2. FF was third person and fucking brilliant, just no online games.
Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:38 pm View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
dopefiend
Jedi Guardian
Jedi Guardian

Post Reply with quote
doesnt really matter if we jump games every day jim as you`ll be much too busy doin homework or your chores to play.
warhawk may have been a big gameplay jump for you jim but tbh it was just like battlefield but 3rd person-if you cant adapt to a 3rd person respawn after playing 3rd person games and 1st person respawns maybe you should stick to tetris. its not our fault that you get games just after theinitial buzz has passed and noone wants to play them anymore- vegas was shit for clangames- had shit comms- shit lobby -was slow as fuck.
cod suffers from shit comms-terrible respawn mechanics and keek servers.
Warhawk had no initial clan support
Graw was unsuppported by cg in terms of ladders etc
Exactly which one of this pile of shite did you want us to stay with exactly- most games are obviously being beta tested at the helen keller memorial school for the inbred.
As for your point about setting up a rota system for upcoming games-FUCK RIGHT OFF- after looking forward to all of the above mentioned games its fair to say that they all have disappointed massively in one way or another- its only by continuing to try new games that we will ( and the rest of the ex-socom community) find a game to keep us all interested
Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:19 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    RED n BARKY Forum Index » Call of Duty All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: