Comms : Dont Think So
Server/Room Select : Yes
Lobby : None (pre game warm up)
Create Room : Yes
Private Matches : Yes
Passworded Rooms : Yes
Room Invites : Yes
Friends List : XMB

The Modes - There are some preset game modes and some preset Modifiers. First off the Modes. Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, King of Time (Hod on to sphere and kill), Meltdown Madness (Destroy other teams base machine whilst protecting your own), Capture the Flag, One on One. Now the modifiers that change it from a standard team deathmatch or capture the flag into something different. Athletic (run faster and jump higher), Low Gravity (Jump Very High and Fall very softly), One Shot kill, Rocket Arena (All weapons changed to rockets) Slow to Kill (can only kill enemies when you have time controlled them (made them slow or freeze or go in reverse)), Sniper Arena (all weapons are snipers), Steel Skin (Increased damage protection), Last Man Standing (Limited Respawns), Vampire (no idea). You can create your own modifiers by changing the number of respawns or damage protection etc so the modes become totally upto you and can mirror most styles of games on the market.

The Maps - Some small some big, some outside some inside. There are lots of little areas on the maps to investigate like underground bunkers, catwalks or towers, graphics are ok but nothing special, I have only played a few but they are quite a laugh.

Overall - I dont believe there are any comms but I could be wrong as everyone knows that loads of people seem to enjoy playing PS3 games with no comms. There is no direct clan support but the fact that you can have passworded rooms and invite from your XMB list obviously makes setting up a game nice and easy. It seems a little Halo'ish in places as the setting of the game is in the future and so are the weapons. The time controlling is quite novel being able to freeze players or even send them into rewind. I don't think it is a game that will really fly online, apart from the comms (or lack of) there also seemed to be a distinct lack of people on the game. The oneplayer mode might be worth a bash but overall I would suggest keeping your hard earned cash safe for another title.

I Don't Have Tourette's..........You're Just A Cunt!
Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:09 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Kain
Jedi Initiate
Jedi Initiate

Post Reply with quote
Cheers Barky, nice review

I played the demo, and didn't think much of the single player myself, though it might just not be my thing

I reckon 'vampire' is just shoot others to regenerate your own health (like that in other games)

Smile
Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:36 pm View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
EARTHMOVER
Force Sensitive
Force Sensitive

Post Reply with quote
Graphics are shit, game play is shit and on online don't get me started.

Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:19 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Reply to topic    RED n BARKY Forum Index » PS3 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: