Reply to topic    RED n BARKY Forum Index » PS3 View previous topic
View next topic
Kane and Lynch - Online Review
barky
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Post Kane and Lynch - Online Review Reply with quote
Hi Guys,

I have not played the single player yet so can not comment on that but thought I would let you all know about the online should you be thinking it might be a game we play.

No we wont have any clans on this game.

The online has a single mode called Fragile Alliance. You can play from 4-8 players. All of you start on the same side, as Gangsters. You have to shoot your way across the map (fighting against Federal Agents) and then loot a load of cash, each player tries to loot as much as they can. Then you have to get to an extraction point and get into the getaway car. Each player that escapes adds their amount of the booty to the pot and it is then shared amongst all the survivng gangsters. With this you can buy Guns etc...

If you get killed you spawn as a FED and you can get a bit of money by killing the bad guys (10% finders fee of the money they had). If you die as a FED you are out of the game.

The reason the game is called Fragile Alliance is that you need each other to get across the map but once you have looted the cash you can turn on each other. Killing another gangster means you take the booty they had and add it to yours (and its one less player to split it with at the end). If the gangster you killed then kills you when he is a Fed he will get an extra bonus.

So thats it, a bit like FEAR's online mode, seems to be an after thought, I did not have comms with anyone in game but can not say for sure if the game has no comms as you know the amont of muppets on PS3 who dont have a set, I could have just been unlucky. The lobby system does not allow you to exit, you have to wait for a game to start then quit (Very annoying).

The one player maybe very good I will play it at some stage but dont buy this title thinking its an online game.

I Don't Have Tourette's..........You're Just A Cunt!
Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:15 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Simple_Jim
Force Sensitive
Force Sensitive

Post Reply with quote
Ah good. From the back of the cover it looked like a third person shooter, and its made by IO interactive who are damned good, so I assumed mut would be all ove it like flies on shit. But IO have never made an online title before, so thats probably why it sucks.
Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:53 pm View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    RED n BARKY Forum Index » PS3 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: