RED n BARKY Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
BT broadband help

Reply to topic    RED n BARKY Forum Index » General Discussion View previous topic
View next topic
BT broadband help
Haino
Force Sensitive
Force Sensitive

Post BT broadband help Reply with quote
Can anyone please help me here ive been on the phone to them for hours now and just keep geting transferred to people I cant understand, or even pronounce their name, I swear they do it so you give up and hang up.

basicaly i upgraded from a 2MB connection to a 8MB one, but im still only getting the spped for a 2MB connection ran a speed test and these are the results I got.

paintProgressAndMessageOnBar(100,"The test has successfully completed");Test1 comprises of Best Effort Test: -provides background information.
IP profile for your line is - 2000 kbps
DSL connection rate: 448 kbps(UP-STREAM) 8128 kbps(DOWN-STREAM)
Actual IP throughput achieved during the test was - 1879 kbps

If you wish to discuss these results please contact your ISP.

I also accesses my routers page and it says the same there about my DSL connection rate.
Help here would be very welcome.

Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:57 am View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
barky
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Post Reply with quote
As I said for this you need to speak to BT and try and get put through to a UK office.....Dial 150 and tell them you can not get through to broadband support and they may put you through to a UK office.

I Don't Have Tourette's..........You're Just A Cunt!
Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:35 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Zinthos

Post Reply with quote
i wud double check its worth it 1st cuz BT may charge u for 8mb when u cant get close to that

check how far away you live from the exchange because the strenght is redused the further away you are i think the cisco site was a pritty pic showing you wot i mean in more detail but cant be asred to find it right now

Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:55 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    RED n BARKY Forum Index » General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: